ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Basketball Cape Breton (BCB) was founded in 2012 with the goal of growing the game of basketball on the island. Since its inception the organization has continued to grow, attracting players, coaches and supporters from all over the province.
To learn more about BCB please visit, http://www.basketballcapebreton.com/aboutus
To create a vibrant Cape Breton basketball community where every player and coach has the opportunity to develop and grow their basketball skills to their fullest potential.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
If you are interested in contributing to the future of Basketball Cape Breton, you are invited to submit a nomination or consider nominating someone who you believe could fill a role on BCB's Board of Directors. BCB's Board Governance Committee will review nominations that are submitted to the organization. Individuals who are selected as new Board Members will be notified before the organizations Annual General Meeting which will take place on December 4, 2018.
EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS
- Candidates should be prepared to attend a minimum of four board meetings per year plus one additional strategic planning session
- Candidates must be willing to serve a 3 year term
- Candidates must agree to make every effort to attend some of the BCB events that take place each year
- Candidates may be asked to serve on a sub committee for special purposes
SUBMITTING A NOMINATION
Basketball Cape Breton Board of Directors Governance Committee requests that all nominations be submitted using the form provided to address the following:
- Contact information of individual making the nomination
- Name of nominee
- Brief description pertaining to the reason for consideration
- Brief description pertaining to the qualifications of the nominee
- Resumes are not required but if submitted will be reviewed
Submissions must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, November 23rd at 4 p.m. Any nominations received after that date may not be taken into consideration.
There are a limited number of seats available on the Basketball Cape Breton Board of the Directors. All nominations will be reviewed in private by the Governance Committee, who will among other things take industry and geographical representation into consideration. The official announcement of the new slate of Directors will be made on December 2, 2018 at the Annual General Meeting and later added to our website.